FROM ANNUAL MEETING DECISIONS and DECISIONS OF THE BOARD
(1) There may be Life Members of the Division, not exceeding 8 (eight) persons at any one time.
(2) A Life Member may be elected at any General Meeting on the unanimous recommendation of all members of the Board providing that the person concerned: -
(a) has rendered outstanding service to the Division; and
(b) receives not less than four-fifths of the votes taken by ballot at the meeting;
(c) and is nominated in the notice of the meeting.
(3) A Life Member shall be entitled to attend any general meeting of the Division and shall have a voice but no vote unless as an appointed delegate. C.
By resolution at the first General Meeting the life members of our merged Associations became life members of the Western District Bowls Division.
Current Life Members are Robert Anderson, Graeme Kershaw, Kevin Lee, June McConnell, Rita Rundle, Margaret Sumner
Criteria for Division Life Membership
To have been a member of a club or clubs in the division for a minimum of 25 years and any one of the following
(a) has been a member of the Division Board/ Association Executive for 7 years or more.
(b) has had a distinguished record as a player ie. Regional, State or Australian level.
(c) has been a Bowls Victoria Representative for 5 years or more.
(d) has been a member of a Division Committee/ Committees for 7 years or more.
The above Criteria must be met prior to any member being considered for Life Membership.
The normal process for Life Membership remain
ROTATION OF THE CHAIRMAN AND DEPUTY CHAIRMAN POSITIONS
Amended 17 May 2015
The office of Board Chairman shall be held for no more than two years from election.
At the completion of this term of office:
The office of Board Chairman shall be filled by succession of the Deputy Chairman.
The Office of Deputy Chairman shall be filled by nomination from the member club following alphabetically the club of the previous Deputy Chairman.
DUTIES AND POWERS OF WDBD STANDING COMMITTEES
Section 22.4 (b) of the Constitution reads: “The Board shall determine in writing the duties and powers afforded to any committee and the committee shall, in the exercise of such delegated powers, conform to any directions or Regulations that may be prescribed by the Board.” These statements were approved in April 2014.
The Match Committee will:
1. Collect entries for the various Division events.
2. Manage and carry out all competitions held and controlled by the Division including division championship events, and the Mid-Week and Saturday pennant competitions.
3. Maintain records and organise the publication of results of pennant and division events.
4. Prepare a fixture programme for the next season for consideration by the Board, and endorsement at the Annual General Meeting.
The Greens Committee will:
1. Make periodic inspections of the greens and other facilities of member clubs, and keep the Board informed regarding their condition.
2. With, or as requested by the Bowls Victoria Greens Committee, assess the suitability of any new greens.
3. On request, advise and assist clubs in improvement of greens.
4. In the weeks prior to pennant competition finals the Greens Committee will inspect all available greens and provide the Match Committee with recommendations on those most suitable for finals. The Match Committee will then select the clubs to host the Semi and Preliminary Finals. After the selected clubs prepare their greens, the Match Committee, using any advice from the Greens Committee, will decide on the rinks to be used and the direction of play. This decision is to be published two days before the final is played.
The Selection Committee will:
1. Select players, teams and/or sides as may be required to represent the Division.
2. Provide members to represent the Division on West Coast Region selection committees.
The Laws and Umpiring Committee will:
1. On request, provide advice on the interpretation of Bowls Laws and Rules.
2. Carry out the training and examination of umpires, measurers and markers in accordance with Bowls Victoria requirements.
3. Nominate umpires and markers for Division events and pennant finals.
The Coaching Committee will:
1. Through Bowls Victoria organise the training and accreditation of club coaches.
2. Provide advice and support to club coaches on request.
3. Coordinate any clinics or other coaching programs run at Division level.
The Junior Committee will:
1. Encourage and assist clubs to identify and support junior players.
2. Provide coaching for groups of juniors, and support those able to take part in wider junior competition.
CURRENT RESOLUTIONS FROM GENERAL MEETINGS
PROTECTION FOR DAY I OF MAJOR DIVISION EVENTS
No club open tournaments or club championship events are to be run against day 1 of division Singles, Pairs, Triples, Fours and Mixed Pairs Championships. (Annual Meeting May 2016).
PENNANT GRAND FINALS
All Saturday and Tusday Pennant Grand Finals are to be held at the same venue each year with the rotation of venues established by the WDBA be continued.
ANNUAL MEETINGS OF THE DIVISION
Annual Meetings should be held on the third Sunday in May at the club of the Division Chairman.
OPENING DAY FOR THE DIVISION
That this no longer be held (Annual Meeting May 2016)
$100 per player prize money for winners should be provided for all Division Championships and $40 per player for runners-up.
$1 per player per day from entry fees should be paid to the host club for supply of tea / coffee.
The Western District Bowls Division should not use perpetual trophies and any previous perpetual trophies should not continue past the 2012 – 2013 season.
MEDALS FOR PENNANT WINNERS
For season 2016 -2017 Medals for winners only in the Saturday Competition and Pins for winners only in the Tuesdfay competition.
FINANCIAL DECISIONS FOR 2017 -2018
Member Club Subscriptions
For season 2018 - 19 Club subscriptions to be based on enrolment at 15 February 2018 as shown in Bowls Victoria dats after it is reviewed by clubs. Accounts to be sent to clubs at 1 October, with payment required by 31 October. \
$300 for the Chairman and $100 for the Deputy Chairman with allocations for expenses to start at $1,000 for the Secretary/Treasurer, $500 for IT suport, $500 to the Match Committee Chairman, $200 to the Umpires Committee Chairman and $200 to the Greens Committee Chairman. Up to $1,000 extra to be allocated to cover other committee expenses that may be approved by the Board.